The Museum is looking for committed volunteers for the RIVIERA STYLE Resort & Swimwear since 1900 exhibition (22 May – 30 August 2015). If you’d like to gain experience in a museum, are a great communicator with a polite and positive manner and enjoy working with people, this is a fantastic opportunity to work within a small team delivering a high standard of customer service.
Shifts are 11am-6pm Tuesday to Saturday, 12pm-8pm Thursday LATES and 11am- 5pm Sundays
All volunteers MUST be able to commit to one shift per week for the duration of the exhibition.
General Skills and Person specification:
- A friendly , confident and professional manner
- Prior experience in customer service roles and cash handling (Front of House and Retail)
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to deal with all enquiries and situations with a professional attitude
- Excellent proven customer service skills
- Comfortable working both individually and in a team and possess a flexible, can-do attitude
- A keen interest in museums, fashion and textiles is preferable
Current Volunteering Opportunities
Exhibition Galleries Volunteers
We’re looking for polite and reliable volunteers to assist with gallery stewarding. Gallery stewarding is an important part of the Museum’s customer service provision, and stewards must be vigilant and well spoken. more